Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jutiapa Day 2!





Dad
Happy (slightly belated) Father’s Day. We are having such a great time here and have gone to many interesting places to present the mime, such as a city in the middle of nowhere where we walked across a fun, rickety bridge (on which no one got hurt, of course) near Metapan. We have also presented the mime in parks and in schools, sometimes in the same school twice a day for two different groups of people. We have been able to present the mime many more times per day than before since we do not have to drive as far to find a place for the basketball team to play since we always go with the basketball team. I am having such a great time.
Matt Crane

Kerry and the boys –
Thanks for the Father’s Day note. Hope everything is going well back home and the dogs are back to “normal”. The trip is going quite well. This is a very strong group of students. I am very proud of how they have handled all of the challenges they have faced, from new food experiences to fluctuating schedules to interesting living arrangements. Everyone has been pretty healthy and all have stayed engaged in their different service areas. Its hard to believe we only have 2 more service days. I have had the pleasure of hanging out with each of the teams along the way and have enjoyed getting to know the kids better. The staff is doing a great job with their teams, too. All in all it has been a great trip so far and expect they will end strong. As much as I am looking forward to seeing you in less than a week, it will be hard to again leave our friends here behind. Hope you’re all well – love you lots.
- Tim

Sarah –
Hope you and Jeff and Chelsey had an uneventful flight home. Anything special we should anticipate when we make the trip? I am learning to work left handed (now that my right hand is gone). We will be okay, but it is different. I hope you have a great time camping. See you soon.
- Tim

Dad and Ty
This morning, VC and I woke up thirty-six minutes late. That was crazy. Kelli says hi to both of you. Thanks for the update, go KG! We played early this morning and it was a hot game. My shot is so off but we always have fun. Brett is officially the definition of tank. He is the focal point of our offense. I feel like I’m getting better but still making small mistakes. But again, it’s all fun. We just got back from an eye-cream shop. Chicken sandwiches for lunch. Chyeah. Sarah and Ashley and Hannah all say hello!! Guess what they have here? Soda in a bag. Just when I thought I’d seen it all… I’ll talk to you later. I love you and Tyno.
Hey David! I’m praying for you.
-CJ


Dad and Mom,
Hello it is your wonderful daughter Brittany. I am taking a break from painting right now. How is home? Well I don’t really have much to say except I love you.
Love,
Brittany

Hey Everyone!! Mom, Dad, Ryan and Claire,
Today is our second service day in Jutiapa, and we’re pretty much doing the same thing as always, going to schools and doing our little show – today I’m a clown. The trip is going well, I haven’t gotten sick, so don’t worry too much Mom. So far I’ve taken a million pictures and can’t wait to tell you guys about the trip. Tomorrow is our last service day and then we head to Antigua then to Lake Atitlan for R&R! I don’t have much else to say, Happy Father’s Day dad… and I love you.
Love,
Alicyn


Hey mom, Jasmine, and midnight.
Sorry I haven’t blogged yet I have been so busy. This trip has been sooo much fun I have so much to tell you. I hope you guys are safe and having fun.
Well I love u all you’ll be in my prayers!
Brittney Arnesha


Hola mi familia!!!
Today has been an interesting day already! There was a bull’s head in one of the basketball hoops; it was part of a Satanic cult worship to try and “undo” what we have already done here in this city. It’s amazing to me to see how Satan tries to work and yet how powerful God is!!! I love you guys and miss you, but know that I am doing really well and know that this is where I am supposed to be. I hope Dad and Grandpa are doing okay with the whole situation. God has really been a strength and constant comfort to me since I can’t be with you guys. I love you and will see you Sunday… I don’t know if I’ll be able to blog again. So hasta luego!!
Love,
Linz


Hey Mom and Dad
No mike does not have the website so idk how you would be able to get it to him but that’s fine if you cant, I will be home soon enough. We have been painting the last two days and we are painting again tomorrow!!! I am so sick of painting! I am really excited for R&R! Its going to be really fun! So what would you like for me to try and get you while I am here? Dad would you like coffee? If you end up talking to mike ask him what he would like and do you think that I should get Travis a knife? Mom I know that wouldn’t really want me to get him one cause it wouldn’t be safe but do you think he would like it? Tomorrow we only have to paint for half the day so I am really excited about that! We got to go to a hospital last night with our home stay to pray for one of the daughters of a lady that attends the church! We also played cards with them and started to get to know them better! It was really nice!
Love
Ashley Weis


Papa Daddy and family,
I just got that post. It’s the first one I’ve seen from you guys! Kinda made me sad that you guys haven’t been writing to me. But glad I saw it! I miss Daniel head too. And I wont see him for a week until I get back?! Oh well…he will have fun. And hopefully not get homesick like me. Ive dreamed about work for the past 3 nights…so I think that means I miss work way too much. Haha but im really excited about the work party the day I get back because I miss them all. So I wanna stop by for a while after I chill with the fam when I get back…and maybe take a real shower?! I hope the floor is done when I get back! Im so excited for my room to finally be done. But…we got a slight problem, I forgot to paint my closet!! Haha so its still pink. Ehhh we can maybe fix that this summer. We are currently in Jutiapa, Guatemala where the food is great! I swear ive gained 20 pounds! So we better start eating more mexi food when I get home! Haha im in a home stay with nikki in a really nice house! 3 floors with a huge roof where they go up on with there dog and chill. A house of 4 girls because there dad died 2 years ago but there all really nice and my Spanish is to a perfection! Haha they have a stair case in the middle of the house that curls all the way to the top of the roof! The house is adorable. My other home stay…not so great. And I’ll tell you about that when I get home. But other then that I’m great. And we’ve got 4 days left so 1 more service day and then we are travel around to lake atitlan, panajachel, san tiago, and Antigua to do some shopping. But I gotta go eat dinner. So please blog again! Its fun to hear from you and I don’t think I’ve been getting your other ones. So be specific because maybe I have just missed them because there are a lot of sarahs and some with the same initial.
Love you tons! And miss home!
-Sarah Bivans


Momma, Poppa, Lauren,
There have been so many things that have happened in the days we have been here. So many that I would probably write 5 or more pages. I am healthy and soaking in the sun. The children’s team is going great and God is giving us strength to play with the kids. I tell you guys more when I get back, but for now I am going to keep enjoying this beautiful country and people. Love you and see you soon.
Jared


Hey everyone !
So I figured I would blog again since we only have one service day left and I’m sure I wont be blogging much when we get to r&r time. My home stay has turned out to not be that bad. It was just a total difference from the last one and needed some time to readjust since it’s a lot like campur. We have been painting the church again so lots and lots of painting has happened. The only like outside work we did was house building in campur and a little painting outside in el Salvador so im excited to spend lots of time outside when we get done with service. Keep writing me even if I don’t respond since sometimes just the blog responses is up and not the writing one. Hope all is well and everyone is having a good time. Miss you all. See you in 5 days !
xoxoxox Hannah


Hey Crum family- still healthy. Will write more later
love Nicole

Hello Mark, Lee Anne, Peter and Family! I am doing great. I was a clown for one performance in Metapan. Now I have been doing all the girls when they are clowns. I am writing a lot in my journal so I feel that I don’t really need to write that much to you now. Hope dad had a good father’s day without his favorite daughter there. We have one more service day and then r&r but that will be weird not to do our show. Got to go! Love you, Miss you, see ya soon! Amy Anderson


Hey Family & Friends
The service team has been working hard here in Jutiapa. Its is now our 4th day in a row painting. Muscles in our hands we didn’t know we had hurt and we have calluses from the paint rollers. The students are staying positive. We’ve painted 6 classrooms in this church so far. Yesterday while we were painting we suddenly heard very loud music we ran outside to see a parade with lots of marching bands, drum lines, and dancing, it was fun to watch. Things are going great, although I am getting ready to get home to you all. I am super excited to get to Lake Atitlan, its is so beautiful. The relaxation will be great. Hope all is well back in Ep. Miss you lots. I am on the late flight back so I won’t be home until the evening. Like…around dinner time…hint hint. Jk. Excited to show you pictures. Oh dad – did you wait until Sunday to read my father’s day card?
See you Sunday,
Lori Ask

Hey everyone back home! Well it’s our second to last ministry day in Jutiapa and we have done nothing but paint for the last I don’t know how many days, and we’re all just sitting around waiting for the paint to dry so we can apply another coat. There have to be about 9 coats of other colors before ours and we got no primer for our coats we layed down. You’d think that after so many tries at repainting they’d be better at this. Well we’re almost done here, and then onto R&R. by the way, the food here is amazing!!!

Cole Peterson


Hey Mom, Dad, Danae, Cate..ect,
I hope everything is going well at home. We are almost done with the hard stuff here we have one more service day tomorrow and that’s it. It’s kind of sad, but kind of a relief. Today was pretty tough a couple of kids on our team were sick and it was pretty warm in the clinic. We managed to see 150ish people, but one of the boys that we saw is almost certainly going to die unless he has brain surgery. Jim (our nurse) knows someone in the US who may be able to help out, so pray that something can be set up. We came through the day strong despite the difficulties and we had a lot of good laughs on the way home thanks to Josh. I’m excited for R&R soon. Love you all,
Elizabeth

Hola Todos:
The Service Team has been awesome from the time that we departed Mpls. It is incredible the synergy that they have and no one has been slacking off. In fact, often times they have gone the extra mile. Our projects in Campur required us to split into two separate teams. Both teams helped out in the construction of homes for two families. The teams helped carry blocks, do cement work, cut and put together the re-bars. One minute it was sunny and hot, then suddenly we had that kind of tropical rain that this area is well known for.

The trip to Metapan, El Salvador was about 9 hours. We made a few stops in between, so it didn’t seem so long. The church in Metapan asked us to help with the painting. We had enough time to paint the west side of the church as well as hallways inside the church. Due to the lack of painting experience, the cleaning afterwards was a bit challenging.

The next stop was Jutiapa, Guatemala, about 2 hours from the border with El Salvador. Therefore, the bus ride took less than 3 hours. The following day after arrival, the church asked the team to do more painting. It is so amazing how much the team in general learned from their first painting assignment in Metapan, that they totally finished three good size classrooms in a record time of less than 3 hours and with no messy cleaning whatsoever! The team’s excellent and speedy work was rewarded with more painting projects. Today they painted three other classrooms as well as the outside walls of the kitchen.

Tomorrow, our last day in Jutiapa will involve some touch up work as well as painting a couple of hallways and staircases. Despite the workload, the whole team is in good spirit and they continue to look forward to the challenges. Other than some minor upset stomachs as expected, everyone has been healthy. It is encouraging to see them try to interact with the locals in Spanish and to learn new words. The team has bonded so well that I am positive that everyone will be sad when this mission is over and we are all back to our old daily routines.

Hasta luego,
Knowland Loo, leader
Service Team

40 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brittney,

    I was so happy to see that you have finally blogged. I'm glad your having a good time. I am looking forward to hearing about the wonderful adventure you have had. May God continue to protect you on your trip.

    Love Mom

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OCA Wooddalers,
    You are so terrific. My heart goes out to you as I read your postings. You are so dedicated - each and everyone of you - Students and Leaders. Make the most of your last days. Realize that you are making a big difference down there. Thank you for your work. And to God be the glory! And enjoy your R &R day that is coming soon. Way to go.

    Sharon R. (and Mom to ACR)

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, Kelespi!!
    I hope everything is going well in "Guat!" You're a lot tougher than I would be in your situation, what with your bucket showers and all. :) Bailey's been circling your door downstairs. I think she misses you. Both sides of the fam have been asking TONS of questions about you. We saw both sides this week, so I got PLENTY of questions. haha. Jake and I broke up last week...I can tell you more about that later. It's all good, though. We're on good terms and everything. I know Mom's been worried sick about you this whole time, but we're all really proud of you! Keep buildin' those houses, baby sister! I miss having you around the house! So come home safe. :)
    I love you!
    ~Britt

     
  • At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Sarah T

    Rachel is coming into town tomorrow. She is so excited to see you. She will be here until next Thursday morning. Do you want to see her Sunday night or wait until Monday? I think she would like to stay here the whole time, but I want to make sure it is OK with you before I give her the invite. We miss you very much and are excited to see you soon. Enjoy your R & R. God bless you and your teams.

    Love you,
    Mom

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Matt Crane~
    I do not appreciate that you forgot about me, and did not write to me. I haven't forgotten about you, even if you have forgotten about me. I hope you enjoyed my Chinese. :) The kittis have completly forggoten about you. Too bad for you. They like me alot more now. ... I feed them. :) I'm sure I'll be long gone out of their lives when you come home though. So I'll take advantage of the love while you are gone. Anyway, it sounds like you are having a great time. I hope the mime is going well, and all of you are healthy! Home sure isn't the same without you. Alot quieter. Not that I normally get to see you that much, but I will say it's weird seeing the van here, and not you. Dad always says "Matt's Home" when he sees it. Anyway, you know you miss me. I'll see you Sunday!
    With love,
    Kate

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jon Busch,
    We are praying for you and your team. Fun to see your picture with all the kids and read about your trip!

    Love,
    LuAnne,Keith and Luke

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sammi
    I had been sending messages from anonymous but your Dad said that you hadn't realized there were messages from me so I am trying a new way. Everyone arrived home safely though your Dad is still feeling a bit sick- funny all he wants are tortillas to eat.It is finally summer here. David is going to the U's baseball camp and the camp is good but the traffic is crazy-they closed off the access to the Washington street bridge. We are praying for you and the group as you continuw to make an impact on the people that you encounter
    Love MOM

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

    Kevin,
    I just bought some coffee at Rainbow but it should be mostly gone by this Sunday when you come home with dark, bold Guatemalan beans. Oh, and did anyone down there ever mention the US Open? Tiger won it on Monday in an historic 18 hole playoff that went into a sudden death 19th hole. His opponent was 45 year old underdog Rocco Mediate. Your Dad slipped out of his class early to watch it.
    Love and Miss you, Mom

     
  • At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello Sarah Bivans,

    It's about time you finally read our posts. This is #4.

    Sounds like you are doing tons of painting.Glad to hear you like the house you are in. Sounds pretty nice.

    Have a good time shopping and stay away from the vendors food stands. Even if it looks good.

    The weather has warmed up and the kids are finally going swimming. I have about 2 feet of floor left to put in and then put the trim on. Looking to have this done on Saturday if things keep going smooth.

    Have fun and take it all in and make good memories.

    Love Dad, Blanca and Q.B.

     
  • At 11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boston won the final game 131 to 91- KG got his ring

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ceej!

    The Celts CRUSHED the Lakers tonight, 131-92, to win the NBA Championship! 'Your Boy' KG came up Big...26 pts 14 rebounds....Lock-down defense.

    Hey, I'm glad to hear the B-Ball Team is doing so well...I'm pleased to know that my countless hours of coaching Brett Weybright has paid-off!

    I love you, Tage!

    Papi!

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Caitlin said...

    Elizabeth,

    Sounds like a pretty serious day. I'm sure it's hard to leave people behind that need help so badly. I hope that the leader you talked about can set something up for the little boy. And you are doing such good work for people day to day. I can't believe you're almost done!

    I'm starting to get settled a little, I can sort of find my way around and I am way better at parallel parking than the average Californian, haha. Have a good day tomorrow, and enjoy the R&R.

    Love you.
    Cate

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tony,

    I saw you in your mime make-up. I didn't realize that you would be doing this as part of the children's team. I'm sure you did your robot moves and the kids just loved you. I know that you will be having some R & R in the next two days. I know that you have worked hard with the Children's team and have magnified God through all of your actions. See you Sunday.

    Love Yvonne

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Matt Crane:

    Thanks for the Father's Day wishes. Glad to hear that you are having a good time, are healthy and making an impact for Jesus through the mime. Finish strong Wednesday and enjoy your time of rest late in the week.

    We miss you and are praying for all of you. God seems to be using you in fantastic ways to touch the lives of Guatemalans for eternity.

    See you Sunday!

    Dad

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Derick T:

    How are you doing bud? The pictures and the information on the blogs certainly is exciting. I talked with Dustin this afternoon. He said he would go to a friend's house and try the blogging address I gave him. Steve from ACE called today. He said that he was not aware that you were in South America. I told him you would be in early on Monday to apologize.

    I hope the trip is and was all that you expected.

    Love ya,

    Dad

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Ashley,

    Coffee for Dad would be great or maybe a belt. I am not sure what they have down there, so you might have to use your imagination on that one. If they have some nice jewelry, maybe a neat necklace for me in colors that you know I wear. What is with the knife thing for Travis? Is that what Sam was talking about getting David, a machette, not sure of the spelling. What are some other options for Travis? Mike blogged you yesterday or early today so check back a day or so. I can give him a call and ask him tomorrow what he might like or you could send him a message and ask him. Well, it is getting late and I need to get to bed. I started back a Lifetime doing the water aerobics class. It is nice to be in the outside pool. I see that one of your co-workers is doing the classes in the pool inside.

    We miss you lots and are praying for you every day. Hope things are going well and you are enjoying your service team.

    Love,
    Mom and Dad

     
  • At 11:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Jeff,
    It's Tuesday night. I picked up some paint so you can paint your room when you get home:] :] Just kidding-you probably won't want to see another paint brush for a long time. Tonight we had Curt & Arlene, Lloyd & Helen, and Bill & Rose over for dinner. They all asked about you.I saw Sarah at church this morning when I was picking up the kids from VBS. She said it was so hard leaving you guys. Enjoy your days of R&R. Don't forget to buy us some presents!
    You can buy me some good coffee too(& a teeshirt). Michelle leaves Sunday for Shattuck for a hockey camp so you won't see her for another week. Have a good day tomorrow. We love you so much!!! See you Sunday!!
    Love,Mom,Dad,Michelle,Tre,Kelsey

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Elizabeth

    I was in Court this afternoon which was great since I had not been there for a while. I guess I just miss the conflict and arguing :-). I have been wondering how you have been doing on the medical team in light of your long-time aversion to needles and blood. As Mom and I keep telling you, with such an aversion, you are destined to be a doctor. Maybe when you get back, you can assist in soliciting medical care for the boy of whom you wrote. I can tell from your writings that you are fully aware of the struggles of your team and that you are a stablizing force whom God is using not just to minister to the Guatemalans and Salvadorans but to your team as well in your unobtrusive way. Elizabeth, Mom and I are very proud of the person into whom you have developed.

    Danae did a great job on your graduation party announcement. It really looks good. She used eight photos to make a collage.

    We do miss you and are looking forward to seeing you again. At least New York will be closer and easier to get to than Guatemala.

    Love,

    Dad

     
  • At 12:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi i still miss you all lots and lots i hope you are reading these comments! i worked till midnight but i talked in spanish with the bussers... haha i wish i was with you love you mucho! have fun and work hard god has big plans it seems like jutiapa is really fun and the pictures are so cute! love,
    chelsey

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Courtney, Thanks for writing. Glad you are doing seeing lots of patients and doing well. We love you and miss you. Claire started work yesterday; seemed to like it. Cath is going to Valleyfair today. The weather report promises 80 today; that probably sounds still chilly to you, but it's the warmest we've had yet. We're praying for you and can't wait to see you soon. Love, MOM

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kate
    I hope your last day in Jutiapa is a special one for you and your team. The pictures are so special and I can see how you have been able to touch so many peoples lives. Torie showed me some pictures on someone's (Carie's?)facebook of the trip and they were awesome! Somehow when we see you we are living vicariously through you and...we know you are ok. We love you so very much!

    Torie is off to take her motorcycle test this am so send her good thoughts. Josh took the boys to the zoo yesterday and they had a great time.

    I am heading out to work. Today should be a beautiful day - high 70's, but still a breeze.

    Loads of love, Mom and Dad

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Lucie,
    We cant wait to have you home on Sunday. I better hurry and get your room clean.haha. Going to Palkerts tonight. Dad is doing the grilling I made a pasta salad. David Wheaton is speaking. Going to the lake on Fri.,reunion Sat. We
    are so proud of you as you serve others in the name of Jesus!Waiting till Sunday!! Love Mom

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Elizabeth - We are glad to hear that your R&R starts soon. Working in those conditions can be difficult and frustrating but the people you serve will never forget the love of Christ you have shown them. If you can touch just one for Him it will be worth it all. All is well with us. We got the grad pics back and I will be sending them to you for distribution. The picture of you 3girls is really good. I made extra copies of them. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love you lots, Sheryl and Gary

     
  • At 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Taylor F,

    It is hard to believe that your last ministry day is here. Finish strong! Remember one of your favorite verses:

    2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

    One of the things I like most about serving God is how He can take ordinary people and circumstances and turn them into extraordinary things. You may never know the full impact the OCA team has made on the lives of the people of Guatemala. But you have and He knows! Each of you has been transformed as well...

    I am praying for you and the team.

    With love,

    Mom

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nicole Crum:

    Sounds like all your painting experience at the cabin helped you in Guatamala!! What great progress your team achieved and I know your R & R at Lake At. will be very much anticipated :) Here at home we have been busy working on projects, the windows are finally in but now the driveway is no longer...one thing leads to the next. We are very much missing you and can't wait to see you on Sunday (only four more sleeps!!). I'm taking Grandma out today for lunch. We will continue to pray for the groups safety and glad to hear you are keeping healthy:)

    Love, Mom

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello to all my central american friends...Anna, Alicyn, Lindsey, Courtney, Kimberly...if I forgot anyone I'm sorry! anyways, sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! wish i could be there, but lovely minnesota is oh so much better :) ya...

    i've been thinkin about you and all y'all have been doing, and just wanted to say way to go! you've done a lot and learned a lot, and are continuing to have amazing experiences! sounds like God has been doing some awesome things through you and in you. so keep on truckin, and i'll be happy to see you guys back on the homefront. love you and praying for you all! oh, and lindsey, i am so disappointed that you didn't bring my bright orange shorts. they would've been a big hit :)

    Libby

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Lani33 said...

    Hey Carbon/Josh H & #7!
    Sarah B is back home in MN and called today. She gave good update on your status! Praise God for Sarah B!Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hang in there kicker! Keep hydrated with the flavored Propel & vitamin water!
    Glad to get your last blog too!
    Good to hear you are back eating american type foods.
    Gook luck with last games B-Ball!
    Did you hear the Celtics won the championship last night!
    Have a great R & R @ Lake Aitalan!
    Remember your verse: Joshua 1:9.
    We really miss you and can't wait to see you on Sunday!
    Please send blog with updates!
    Praise the Lord, He gives us strength!
    Love Mom & Dad

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Guys!!

    Keep up the hard work and a good attitude! God is using you and we're proud of you!

    Kim V.

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Amy!
    So glad that you are writing in your journal -- that will be a treasure for you to enjoy forever as you reflect on what God has taught you through this experience! Remember to feel free to leave your clothes and other possessions there for those who can use them. We are all praying for you! See you Sunday sweetie!!
    Love, Mom, Dad, and Peter!

     
  • At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi hannah!
    soo, yesterday i was hanging with basia talia & alex & basia & talia were biking & alex was skatebording & i was scootering. & we were going down one of the hills & i was behind them because i saw mike & mac & said hi so i was going fast down the sidewalk & i fleww! im all cut up now. my knee down to my ankle is all scraped up. & then i have the size of like a baseball to like basketball size cut by like .. my butt. lol & then my elbow & hands are all cut up too! haha. but basia said i looked really funny! which i probably did! haahaha like i can barely walk & i skipped basketball today, soo yeaaah. & then we had our first lax game on monday! it was so funn! we lost but like the team we played like played together since spring so they worked well together but i had soo much fun! txt me when you get back because ill be at STOUT for basketball! i miss you sooooo much! i hope you're having fun

    xoxooxoxo pookie

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kelsey~
    Hi Sunshine! I've so enjoyed reading this blog - - - especially learning how much experience you now have in painting. . . you can now take over as the family painter. My work here is done!!!
    I hope you are still feeling well. Not much new on the home front - - except Bailey ate another pair of my shoes . . . she may not be alive when you get home! ERRGG!! Dad's working out at Grandma & Grandpa Essigs again today - they didn't get all the work done on Fathers Day so he's back there today. Brittany is babysitting Brooke on Thursday & Friday - she's excited about that.
    Hope you are doing well. Let us know if you have any special requests for food for when you get home. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!
    Love you TONS,
    Mama

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Cole,
    I think we have some painting for you to do when you get home. I'll bet you can't wait. I am glad the food is "amazing". Does that mean it could possibly be hot enough? Ryan decided working as a landscaper was not for him so he resigned and will not be working with you when you get back. We may have a french girl staying with us for 3 weeks this summer from Switzerland.(Like when Jeremy stayed with us.)Can't wait to see you.
    love, Mom

     
  • At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tim- Our flight was uneventful- apart from an hour delay in Houston- but I made it in time to play in my softball game. I really miss not being there and experiencing the rest of the trip with the team. I leave for the BWCA early tomorrow until Monday- so I'll be in R&R mode too. Thanks for the card- My plan for the next 4 days is to just be still and enjoy my surroundings. Few things to watch out for at GUA- You will have 2 pieces of documentation - have the kids have a pen ready. We got there at about 4:25 and were through security by 5. The upgrades to the airport are great- there are 2 places that you can get coffees, pastries and such before you board- but you still can't take a bottle of water on the plane...They snatched mine. If kids have left over money they could get a snack for 10Q or a water for 7Q. Also- when checking bags in GUA you may want to remind the kids that they need to remember what their 2nd bag is...they will need this in Houston..Not sure if it would be easier to have all the later flight people take bags...We made it through with plenty of time. One more thing- The plane we had for the early group is small (1 seat, aisle, 2 seats) maybe 30 rows. It's very tight quarters- so plan accordingly....
    You know I think details so hopefully the above will help. Thanks for all of your encouragement and support to me on the trip. I hope you are healthy and enjoying the last few days with these awesome students...Let's plan a reunion get together...

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Taylor F-
    Happy Birthday a few days early! I will treat you to a red bull or dinner at LeAnne Chin when you get back. I hope you are soaking up every minute of the trip. You'll be home before you know it.
    I pray that you have an 18th birthday that you will never forget!
    Tomb Raider

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Kelli M.~
    We've been reading your blog. Sounds like a very interesting time you're having there. I'm glad you got to watch surgeries ~ maybe you will go into medicine as a career! Good for you ~ trying new things like(guess what-it-is-breakfast). Have you tried the coffee? I think they have really good coffee in Guatemala.
    You'll have alot to tell us about when you come home. We think about you every day - you are in our prayers.
    Love,
    Grandma & Boppa

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Students - You've made it to R&R...The long days of hard work have come to an end...But don't forget you are still on a missions trip. Take these next few days to realy enjoy where you are and the people you are with. Soak in the sun and glorious surroundings of Lake Atitlan and Antigua. I'm sure you all want to blog to your parents and friends more -but I would encourage you to take these last few days and unplug the computer- take time to reflect on the trip. My guess is none of you will come home and wish you had been on the computer more. You will wish you would have gotten to know the Guatemalans or El Salvadorians, learned more spanish, played with more kids, prayed more and enjoyed the company of your teammates more. I know I'm wishing I would have taken more time to focus on each of you than on each task at hand. Praying that you each stay healthy and begin to think about how this trip and the people that you've served with and have served have impacted your life. Take time to tell your leader how much you appreciate them giving up 2 weeks to be with you on the trip.
    Sarah B

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Staff-
    Yes its me one more time. Thanks for all you do to make this trip happen. The hours you have devoted to the kids and the team doesn't go unnoticed. I pray that you too will have some great R& R time. Don't enjoy the sun at the pool too long- i did last year and had a terrible sun burn...Have a great time enjoying each of the precious students. You've each done a great job and were a blessing to me, these kids, the people of Campur, Metapan and Jutiapa. Enjoy your last few days- they will fly by.
    sarah

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kelsey-
    It is so exciting to read the blogs out there and hear about all the great work you are doing. We are all so proud of you for having the passion, the insight and the courage to follow your heart and do god's work. We could all learn so much from you. Stay well and we will see you when you get home. Love, Aunt Lori

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kelsey-
    It is so exciting to read the blogs out there and hear about all the great work you are doing. We are all so proud of you for having the passion, the insight and the courage to follow your heart and do god's work. We could all learn so much from you. Stay well and we will see you when you get home. Love, Aunt Lori

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey taylor-
    I am surprised to hear the you like the food...really you! i will tell her happy birthday from you. You do not need to get me something, and if you have to something small like a necklace will be just fine, ok? Talking about presents what do you want for your birthday?
    -OT

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home