Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We Love San Marcos!

Hey Everyone,

It´s Brian. Well, the kids at the schools in San Maros think I´m Jack Black from the movie Nacho Libre. They made me sign about 200 autographs today! Even the teachers were asking for autographs.

What a joy it is to be able to minister in the community of San Marcos. Our students are loving it! I was with the Children’s Team this morning, and between the two schools we were at, we must have ministered to over 600 students. God spoke through the program and I would guess that hundreds of students made commitments to Jesus Christ. Several of our group were sick over the past couple of days, but that seems to be getting much better. I was too sick to go to the service last night, so Chris Ericson did the preaching in San Marcos, and did a phenomenal job. It’s great to have such a talented group of leaders on this team. Tomorrow is our last full day of ministry for the 2007 OCA team. They will minister in an orphanage on Thursday. Please pray that we will stay focused and finish strong over the next day and a half. God has used this team to accomplish incredible things for His glory.

In Him,

Brian Schulenburg


Hola mi familia!!! Its Lindsay!
Just wanted to say how much I miss you! We are now in san marcos which is really fun. Our home stay is much different that our last one..(which was in a gated community) haha The views are awesome and its kinda cold. SO MUCH FOR A TAN!!haha Well we only have two service days left its sooo fast! I hope things are going well. Im sad I missed your birthday and fathers day! I will make it up to you! I´m excited to shop it will be awesome!! Right now were in the mountains. You can see the clouds super close. The kids are super cute. I met some really cute kids. I got their address so we can write letters to them. They were runaways because their parents were abusive. I´m excited to get home and write to them and you can too!! LOVE ALWAYS!!!
Ps- today the kids wanted my autograph! Haha I think they thought I was Lindsay Lohan!!haha it was sweet
LOVE YOU LOTS!! Lindsay

Hey family its Allie!!
I am having such a great time!! We’ve gone to 2 schools today and they were such a blast! The kids are so much fun, they are the happiest people I have ever seen! My home stay is really nice, the people are grandparents and super nice! Each school is so different, everyone is a new experience and so great! Im still healthy, woohoo! At the schools today the kids were so cute, they wanted our autographs!! We felt like such celebrities! I have so enjoyed this trip and am sad to have it coming to an end, but it will be so fun to come home and tell you all the stories! I can´t believe we only have one more service day after today! Love you tons!!!
Allie 


Hey there my family and friends!
We made it to San Marcos wowza well last night im pretty sure that I felt horrible I was dizzy ,nauseous, sharp intense pain in my upper abdomen but then we just went to our home stays and I slept and I felt a little better in the morning and as the day went on I felt a billion times better than I did earlier! San Marcos is gorgeous right now I am at a restaurant and the clouds are just rolling over the mountains it is just breathtaking wow its awesome! The kids here have been fantastic and they are so much fun im going to have a hard time leaving Guatemala but these last few days will be amazing! Well I should go now well I love you all so much and cant wait to see you! Miss you mom dad and elle! Much much much love!
aShLeY



Hi
This is Mary…
The view this morning is spectacular. I absolutely love being in the mountains! The buildings and structures of the area remind me of being in Mexico when I was a kid. I woke up Sunday morning as if I was waking up on an Easter morning. I was in full celebration of Jesus’ resurrection! I have been so blessed to be able to share with people medicine that can heal their physical needs. As we give the medicine we are able to pray with each patient, for God is the great physician and in him we all can have our needs provided.
I have not been well for the last several days. Sunday night and Monday was the worst. I have been able to eat today and I am feeling a bit better. I am still weak. I am going to join the medical team this afternoon after resting last night and this morning. Thank you to all of you that have been praying for me, it truly has made all the difference!
Continue to pray for the team! We appreciate your thoughts and prayers!
Love you all,
Mary

Buenos Dias from los mimos! Obviously we’re in San Marcos right now, and I’m in love with this place minus the freezing weather at night/morning. Last night we joined the local church for a service and then they served us dinner. My home stay is amazing in this city because there are 5 of us staying in a family’s hotel by ourselves. We have our own floor, two televisions (that play English Christian music), and our own bathroom. The family is really sweet and served us lots of food for breakfast, including boiling milk for cereal that we left untouched. Today we’re very busy though and are planning on 5 performances total. We went into two schools this morning and presented three of our sketches (Chris allows us to perform three of the six every time). We are now taking a short break for lunch, then heading to two more schools and then presenting in a large park tonight!! It’s a very busy and impactful day for us, and we’d appreciate prayer that everything continues to go smoothly so that we can convey our message clearly and effectively!! Also we could use some prayer for team unity because a lot of people are starting to reach their wits end with each other, and if things continue this way the entire team will be less effective. Much love to you all!
~elizabeth

Hola Madre, padre y mis amigos!
It is Taylor and Jeff here! Yesterday was a long day we drove for like 9 hours! Jeff took a sleeping pill or two and was out for most of the ride! Once we got there we sat through a really long service but it was pretty fun! We got our home stays yeah that’s all I’m going to say on that subject! Jeff was scared out of his mind and slept in his clothes with the lights on! It’s going to be a long next two nights! We are painting a church today it is a ton of fun! We’re also going to put in a few water filter systems too. That is about all for now hope all is going well with you guys back at home! We love you and miss you all!
With love, Jorge y TayTay

Hey everyone its Greg. I haven’t looked at any of the responses for awhile so if you sent something thanks and hello! We are in San Marcos right now and have another day and a half of ministry. After that we will be heading to an orphanage for a few hours by Lake Atitlan then we are off to our r and r. It will be fun…just pray that everyone keeps a lot of energy these last days of ministry because we are exhausted, sleepy, and hungry. Thanks everybody for all the prayers and all of the support I have received. I’m guessing Carleigh, Sarah, dad, and Kristin have posted so thanks for the posts and I’ll look at them when I can! Well I need to go thanks everybody!
Greg

Hey family and friends

Andy Schiemo

7 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Sarah Kwak said...

    Hi Sophie!
    We just figured out how to send a message to you. We think of you often and hope you are not one of those who are sick. We have enjoyed seeing pictures of you and reading about your adventures. Hope you are having a great time and we will see you at the airport on Sunday.
    Love,
    Mom,Val,Peter and Aaron

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Elizabeth,

    Sounds like you are all working very hard. We pray that the Holy Spirit will work in the hearts of those that see and hear your performances and puppet shows, and in those that are blessed with medical care or by the work of the service team. May God keep you all safe and healthy to finish strong!

    We are doing well - keeping busy at the office. Danae is at the SanDiego Airport as I write this and she will be home tomorrow. Ginger is really missing both of you, but doing well.

    Work hard for the next day or two and enjoy your rest and relaxation the last couple of days. We love you and are very proud of you. We are looking forward to hearing all your stories.

    Love, Dad and Mom

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Krista!!!
    I miss you dearly, I'm getting ready to leave...I'm making a list for my 'rents(made a special note about Operation Clause, hopefully you haven't lost it). Don't worry about me finding friends at Costa, I now have more than evan...there are like 6 of us that all are 16 right now and have b-dayz within a couple months of each other. met a bunch...pretty sweet!! i told the girls about your abilites with balloons so they are stoked to meet you...I'll leave you an e-mail for some helpful hints each of them to give you a head start:)Don't get sick!!

    hearts forever,
    ash

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Taylor,

    I loved seeing the pictures of the service team at work. Wow! What big muscles you all have. Pretty impressive!

    I am proud of all you have accomplished, especially for someone who was way out of her comfort zone. God is faithful!

    I am heading to San Diego Wednesday (back Friday), but will keep up with the blog and phone messages. I'll be praying for you and the entire team.

    Love you, Mom

     
  • At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI To You Mary Krech! It's your soccer buddy, Barb. Just a tid bit for the soccer fields. Heat played Southeast tonight at the Ft. Snelling fields. Heat lost 3 - 8. Not too good. We had no subs. Joel, Kurtis, Mike Vogel, and Andrew Nelson were all not available to play. We play Blackhawks at home Wednesday so I'll type again, hopefully with more happier results. Sorry to hear that you had fallen ill for a couple of days. I hope that you are on your way to a full recovery. Take care, and miss you oh, so very much!
    Barb Royce

     
  • At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great to hear of the adventures of the mime team. Sounds like you are working very hard with lots of performances. I am sure you are tired and at your wits end. We will pray for team unity to "finish strong." Claim the promise that when you are weak, then He is strong. Now is the time to count on God's strength to carry you through.

    We are missing you Matt, especially Emma. I'm going to register you tomorrow at the U. I hope you get the classes you wanted.

    Dad Crane

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Claire, We are loving the photos and pray everyone is feeling better. I just saw your brief posting about the plastic bags. I think they are in the end portion of your bag. We are looking forward to having you and Catherine home. Courtney is getting ready to leave for Hungary tomorrow. Becca et all are moving back to EP in July! We miss you and hope you are well. Love, Mom, etc.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home