Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Monday, June 19, 2006

In Their Own Words - June 19th







June 19, 2006

Hi mom you told me to write so here it is. I hope dad had a good father´s day. I left his card on my desk. Basketball is going well, c ya next week ---- Aaron Rask

Hola! Ok I´m leaving another comment. One specific reason - to inform my parental unit that they can comment back!! Wink wink . . . so we are in Honduras and at our R & R place - it´s been greatly appreciated! The last work day (Saturday) was kinda rough just because of the lack of energy and sleep. So this was perfect. And yay medical team who actually got to be outside and feel the sun - since we are always in buildings, while everyone else is beautifully tanning their skin. So jealous! I´m excited for our last two work days . . . I really love doing this! It´s actually made me consider becoming a nurse (mom ya hear that? Me a nurse!) wow we´ll see. I hope everyone is doing fantabulous and Happy Father´s Day Dad - sorry I missed it again (it´s what? Only been the 3rd year in a row now) but u know I love you! Please continue to keep us in your prayers especially with health, because it´s really hard to cope with being sick.

Oh, Breanna - I hope your dramas and crazy activities are going great and that you´re not too stressed out! Take it easy girl and remember why you do it - Cuz you love it!!

Gracias Amigos!
Kelsey Bohleen

¡Hola! Today we had R & R! It was ReAlLy fun! We went to the Mayan ruins, ate lunch at a fun place downtown Copan and went SHOPPING! AHH, the joy of shopping and bargaining with people! Family and friends . . . if you want something then send me a blog saying what I should get you! We also had two games of volleyball and a game of softball! Our team won 34-32 and bryan had 3 homeruns too . . . it was really fun! Everyone should send some more blogs! I want to see what your up to and how EP is going. Well I am going to go! Love you all!

Natalia

HEY! WE are having an AWESOME time . . . lovin the R & R time . . . and before that we were constantly in costume and white make-up . . . but the results of the performances were cool to see as many people accepted Christ. We (teresa and amy) were on national Honduran television . . . advertising our mime on the most watched station in the city! Our mime team also got to go to the caves (with basketball) in Campur . . . and no one else did! Today we went to the mayan ruins . . . SOO cool . . . accept Amy sacrificed Teresa . . . so tell her family she died well.;) (We´ll show you the pic later). Megan had a good time . . . despite her insistence that she wouldn´t. The pool at this hotel is GLORIOUS, and we spent most of the day in there playing with Frisbees and the suction hole at the bottom of the pool. Right now it´s past our bedtime so we have to go before Brian get´s angry. Love ya and see youin 6 days!
Megan, Amy and Teresa (aka mime girls)

Hello to all you blog crazy fans!!! We all know you can´t get enough of the Frost/Decker/Swanson combo, we´re SOOO COOL!!!! Currently reporting from the 7 star all-inclusive, elvis-hosting Copan Resort, here in Gorgeous Honduras. We´re drinking scrumptioulescent ice cold sprite and coke out of GLASS BOTTLES! And owning noobs in the softball/beach volleyball games today. Brian reportedly hit 12 homeruns today and 1 grand slameroony. But we all know better than the oh so modest Brian he probably had eleventy billion or threive trillion. Also stargazing was most the most amazing last night and yelling stories of almost getting shot and Chuck Norris dominance over anyone who opposes the most feared Walker Texas Ranger. Then the darling Matthais ¨The extreme Gringo¨dexter jumped out of a second story window, flailing into the swimming pool (ON CAMERA!) - Andy here to tell you a sad little tale . . . We get off the plane in Guatemala city and I have no guitar coming off the baggage truck. I was way angered at Continental Airlines! But now it´s waiting for me in the position of some of our friends back in the city. But being without a guitar for this whole time has been hard. THEN a pipe burst in our home stay and poured all over my bag and all my clothes were soaked. But after some time they have all dried and everything is back to normal around here. From all three of us we wish you all the best of blog reading and we enjoy all your support here on the blog, leave us comments back to help inspire us on this amazing trip. Love to you all . . . some of you more than others (WORD TO OUR MOTHERS!)
PEACE OUT!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey its suki- glad r and r was great. I got to spend last nigth in Houston as there have been some terrible storms that prevented me to make my connection. Should be home by 10:30 tues. You are in my prayers and hugs to all. Can't wait to see you at the airport. Please tell Jaimie, Eddy and William thanks for the ride and waiting for me to get through customs.

    Have a great week.

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear you are getting some much deserved R & R. Now back to work!!!--just kidding, you guys are great and learning more than any text book could ever teach you. So, keep on keeping on and we will see you at the airport on Sunday. PS Johnny B Good - your brother Jacob leaves for camp the morning of the day you get back, perhaps you want to Blog him something? (of course maybe u just want to celebrate) Love you - Mom

     
  • At 7:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Kelsey!

    Good to hear from you and to get your hint to write you back! We've been reading the updates each day and it sounds like you guys are having a great experience.
    So you want to be a nurse, eh? Go for it, if that's what you want...you can give us our shots when we are old and feeble. Have any plans yet for Father's Day 2007? Africa, right? Stay well, Mom says to keep drinking (water, that is) and we are excited to see you this Sunday night. We'll be at the airport. Abby's having a great time in SF, we had a great time at Lutsen, and Drew is taking care of everything, with Wilson's help. Love you from your head to your toes and all in-between.

    Mom and Dad

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sure Christel is missing her many new friends...(the bugs!)during the R&R stay! Did you spend the whole day in bed? We are so proud of all of you! The entries are so much fun and inspiring to read! We love you! Prayers, hugs and kisses..The Rocks

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy 17th Birthday to Josh Patil!!! Have fun and be safe...

    Mark

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Christel - I was mowing the lawn when you call. I knew I should have put it off until tomorrow - but you know how I am. Please write on the blog if you can.. I need to know that you are OK! Love you lots!!

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been out of touch with a computer for a few days and have spent the last hour reading the blogs. It is amazing the amount of work that all 59 of you are doing in this short period of time. The medical team, service team, bball team, children's team, mime team. It must be truly an amazing thing to be used by God in this way. And on the 7th day, God rested... Glad to hear that you too are getting some much needed rest. I am sure there is more in store for you for the rest of the week. All 59 of you are in my continual prayers as you finish this portion of your ministry. As you know, it will continue when you return to MN as you all give your testimonies to how God used you in this glorious way and how He has given you passions and visions for what is to come. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
    Julie Hunt (Hannah's mom)

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Dave Dahl (aka: Weatherman), Sounds like you had a great basketball game! We also saw a couple of great pictures of you and your new young friend that you were blowing bubbles with. Mom and I are so proud of you and the entire team. You continue to be in our prayers. Jason misses you, and so do we. Mom is doing great. I took really good care of her, if I say so myself. We will see you at the airport on Sunday. Love ya!
    Dad

    PS I love my father's day gift. Thank you!
    PSS Jason says you owe him $50.

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    MY SIDE

    What up DAWG!!!! Yeayah?????? dude......its me and your you know what....ha seriously though. Duuuudddddeeeeee we saw THE SAWEEEETEST movie last night then we drove to michigan buhh dude it was sooo freakin awesome oh yeah soooo.....whats up? im pretending not to miss but im crying right now and it looks like i pissed my pants too from all the sweat. ok....
    ___________________________________
    Tia's Side

    Jon is CRAZY.....COOL that is!!!!I miss you so much!!!...YeAYAH?!?!?!?!?!?!? I <3 U Froever!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home