Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day! It's 11:24 here! Ha!



Happy Father's Day to all the dads!
We started passing around my laptop and the students wanted to say hi!
Sorry we couldn't get to all of them!  There's a lot! Ha!
They will continue tomorrow and extend Father's Day!

              Hola Papa G. Hope you had a great Father’s Day and that you had a badminton tournament and beat Addie for me. Happy early birthday, idk how old you are but with all that swimming you’re looking 20! I’ve got some cool soccer stories for you. Love you and see you soon J P.S. tell the fam sup for me Love, your favorite child

              Hi Dad!! Happy Father’s Day, I’m so sad I wasn’t there to celebrate it with you, but I will be home soon and will catch up with you on an ice cream date! Miss you all & I hope Wisconsin was fun, so excited to come home and tell you about this amazing experience. Love you! –Ashley P.S bring me chipotle hehe.

              Hello father Warrick!! I hope you had a wonderful father’s day and I wish more than anything I could have been thereL But I’m having such a fantastic experience here and you would be happy to know I’ve been having great posture. Tell the fam I say hola and I miss you guys soo much. Ellen: loved the tweet and mom: I’ve been good about sunscreenJ see you guys soon. Love you!! –Abby

              Dear Pat Dryer, I hope you had the best Father’s Day. I am so sorry I can’t be there to spend it at the lake with you :( But, I can’t wait to celebrate at Convention Grill when I get back. You’re the best!! Mom: I miss you so much and can’t wait to be back with my best friend making me popcorn!! Tell the brothers I say hello & that I love them. I am having a fantastic time, can’t wait to see you guys!! Love you!!(: -Sophie

Hola Friends and Family! I miss you all so much, but I’m having a great time in Guatemala! I just got back from a clinic in San Marcos. It is a beautiful city in the middle of the mountains. The views here are spectacular! Today I was able to assist Dr. Byron on a surgery; it was probably the coolest thing I have ever done. I can tell you more when I get home! Dad, I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day!! Mom, I hope you are doing well! Lauren, I hope you are enjoying your summer and eating a lot of ice cream with Jack J. Friends, I miss you guys and can’t wait to see you in a week! I Love you all, Bridget.

              NINA!!! I miss you and hope you’re enjoying the first days of your summer! I wish you could be here to experience this amazing place. The scrub squad is so fun and I love everyone on my team. Today I got to witness Dr. Byron perform surgery and I was the one holding the woman’s hand and rubbing her back while she was getting her cyst removed from her arm. I’m learning so much from all these amazing nurses and even my Spanish is improving. I hope Maggie is doing well and staying cute! P.S. bring me chipotle at the airport ;) LoVe YoU! –Anna Gravelle

Hey family, I miss you so much. Give Charlie kisses for me. Hope Ava had a fun time in Colorado. I miss American food A LOT! When I come home I want crab and a feast. Dear mom, please bring me chipotle to the airport, this is not a joke. I want a burrito with steak, cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole. I want chipotle not qdoba. Happy fathers day dad! I love you. Love Tess

Hello mom and dad, Guatemala is going great so far. It has been an amazing experience and I have picked up some new Spanish phrases! Happy Father’s Day dad! I’m sorry that I wasn’t there to share it with you, but we will celebrate when I get home! Love you guys! Please be ready to cook me some good American food when I return. –Elizabeth

Hey mom and dad, i am having a great time in Guatemala so far.  I love the medical team and traveling all over Guat to set up clinics.  I miss having American food and I could really go for some Chipotle when I get home.  Alicia and I are getting along well so no need to worry.  Happy Father’s Day Greg, hope you had a fantastic day.  –Alexis

Hi Family, miss you all tremendously. I really enjoy the Mime team and performing for multiple groups of people and sharing the Gospel. Happy Father’s day Dad! Wish I could be there to help celebrate!  P.S. give Herbie a hug for me. Love you all. –Sarah

Hi Family, I love and miss you all so much!  Happy Father’s Day Dad! I wish I could be there to give you a hug and say how much you mean to me.  I am having fun on children’s team and I can’t wait to come home and tell you everything.  Xoxo –Katie

Dear Family, first of all I miss you and I miss home. I’m having a great time here stretching myself and I’ll have to tell you all about it when I come back. Speaking of, make sure there is ice, diet coke, lettuce, fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables. Beth- I can’t wait to return to your cooking. (You never know what you’ve got until it’s gone) Grandparents- I love and miss you all. Todd- HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I love you and I am so grateful to have you as a dad and a friend as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE, Annika (P.S. don’t feel like you have to but it would be so nice to Maddie and me if our bathroom was clean cause I know it’s nasty right now) ALSO GIVE MOLLY A TREAT FOR ME! And dad can you text christen and tell her that I love her and miss her? Thanks! <3 o:p="">

Dear Families of Kitchen Bros (NICK, AARON, JORDAN W, DREW, JAMES, JAKE)  We are all having a FANTASTIC time on our Service, Sprama, and Mime Squads.  We are all healthy and happy.  Happy Father’s Day to all of our awesome dads out there.  We are excited to see all of you very very soon.  Love you all!

Hi family!! I miss you all so much, but as much as I miss you and I want to see you, I don’t want to leave. I am having the time of my life here in Guatemala!! I have been having a great time! Right now we are in San Marcos and it probably has been my favorite place that we have been. Not that I didn’t like the other places but the people and the landscape here are unbelievable. I love my team (sports and drama, a.k.a sprama or off road bus team.) I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me for the rest of the trip!! Also, happy father’s day dad!!!! I love you soooo much, and I am honestly the luckiest girl to have such an incredible father like you. I miss you all, and I love you. <3 amanda="" b.="" o:p="">

Hola Eitreim Familia + Gus + pollos!! I miss you all so much! I am having the time of my life. Ken, you know how I struggle hard core at sports in America? Picture how much I am struggling at soccer in guat. It’s  comical. Each day the sprama team (sports and drama) leave and go to a school and get our butts kicked in soccer then do the drama and testimonies. It is amazing to see how welcoming and loving the people in Guatemala are to us.  I am so excited to come home and chill with the chickens and eat mac and cheese. I love you all so much!!!! Derek Lien Eitreim…HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! I am so sad I can’t be there to tell you how much I love you. So what I appreciate most about you is your willingness to make crazy things like the chicken coop and I love the emails you send me! I am so pumped to give y’all a big bear hug! Please por favor bring me chipotle at the airport and gus!!! – Kirstin. A.k.a your fav kid.

Hi mom, Jon and buddy!!! Its Elisa J I miss you all so much! But I am having the time of my life here in Guat. Right now we are having a huge worship service in San Marcos with all the Guatemalans from the church here and its absolutely incredible. Today was probably the best day yet on this trip (everyday seems better than the one before). Each day the scrub squad sets up a clinic and serves people all day. So far we have helped over 600 people and have many more to come. I’m doing well health wise! I miss you so much and I can’t wait to go home, but until then I’m pumped for what God has in store for the next week. Also, happy father’s day Jon!!! See you guys soon. Love You! –Elisa


HEY BUCHSTABER FAMILY I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!!  special shout out to one of the best dads in the world. Thank you Mark Edward Buchstaber for ALL you do for me and our family I cannot imagine life without you. I love you so much. Second off this place is  AMAZING. I have fallen in love with not only the people but the beautiful creation God has created that is here. I just experienced one of the most life changing experiences of my entire life. We just had a jam sesh in TWO different langueages but praising the SAME God. It is so so so so cool. I love this place so much but also miss all of you sooooo much. CHILDREN TEAM ROCKS. I love kids so much and their smiling faces bring me so much joy. I am so grateful to be here. Thank you for giving me this opportunity. Amy I love you. ANnaka I hope you had an AMAZING time in Colorado and cant wait to hear all about it. BOYS I MISS YOU SO SO MUCH YOU BETTER PREPARE YOURSELF FOR KISSES. Mom I love you so much and thank you for being amazing and awesome you are the best. CANT WAIT TO SEE MAX give her hugs and kisses from me and lucy too.. OKAY GOT TO GO I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH CRAZY EIGHTS – ALICE CAROLINE BUCHSTABER (your third and BEST child ;))

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger McCloskey Family said...

    I seriously cannot believe how many students mentioned they want Chipotle when they get back! Are you not getting authentic Mexican food? We should have a Team Guatemala Reunion at Chipotle it sounds like!
    Maddie McCloskey: make sure you get a picture of you WITH your host family! Your dogs miss you like crazy! They go in your room daily and look around...I think they expect there to be surprise and you will pop out of the closet or something!
    Make the most of your last week there and PLEASE use the bus time to write in your journal about all you are seeing and feeling. I am so proud of you! I miss you so much sweet girl! Love, Mom

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Donna G said...

    Greetings All,
    Loved reading about all the great projects are getting completed! God is so GREAT!
    Everyone I have told about your trip keeps asking me more and more about what you up to at the moment. I love telling them how much you are all giving of yourselves to make a difference in other's lives!
    Tess, You know I love Quodoba over Chipolte- its the queso girly girl!!!! Ava arrived home and said, " mom, honestly I have to admit I did not miss you at all, I was having so much fun"! she is busy this week working at VBS. I am so eager to hear about EVERYTHING so make sure you are taking some time to jot down what you have experienced. Charlie is doing fine and has been spending a lot of time outside this week. He seems to understand that kids are coming and going in shifts around here! He is awaiting your time back home so you can let him sit on the furniture in the family room- it is amazing how nice that furniture looks fur free the past week!!! Enjoy the remaining time and don't forget to find something for your brother and sister on your travels!
    Love you so much my precious pretty middle child and miss our evening chat time!! Hugs and kisses from me and wet smelly kisses from charlie buddy boy! Ava says, " Hi sissy"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home