Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

In Their Own Words - June 22, 2006

OCA Blog for June 22, 2006

Hey Mom, Dad and Sarah
Thanks for the comment! I am having a great time in Guatemala and Honduras was awesome too! We got to Huehuetenango last night and stayed our first night in our home stays. I’m in a house with six other girls which is pretty fun…our house is pretty nice but not nearly as nice as the homes in Honduras. The bed I slept on was basically a piece of wood and a sheet. There are four girls in one room and three more next door in the office. Breakfast today was at 7:00 in the morning and we had corn flakes, followed by toast, followed by eggs and beans which we eat almost every day. Its sweet here but I can’t wait to be home!

Miss you!
Love you!!!
Kristina

Hi Mom and Dad
Everything is going great down here, we’re all having a lot of fun. We got back to Guatemala 2 days ago and came to Huehuetenango yesterday for our homestays. I’m at a house with a pastor who doesn’t speak any English but I’m doing better with speaking Spanish on this trip. Our first homestay in Honduras was great, we were with an English speaking woman who was really nice. This last weekend when we were in Copan we stopped at Pam’s place for a little bit. The house was amazing and I met 2 of the people that live with her when she’s down there. They were really cool people. Everything is great, I’m having a lot of fun and I’ll see you next weekend.
Love you
Patrick

Hi Everybody!
How is everything back in Minnesota? Things here have been really great. I still have not gotten sick and I have only been bitten twice! We made it into Huehuetenango last night and got to our rooms. This time Im rooming with 3 other guys in a really nice house. However, we don’t have a translator and I am the only one who knows any Spanish sooo I have to try and translate everything and it is very difficult, but we made it.
So Jake, I hear you’re going to be gone when I get back, so I’ll let you know now that I have a present for you that I got in Honduras. I hope you and Steve have been getting along well and I hope you have a good time while you are gone. I’ll see you soon bud!

I love you and miss you all!
John Hann

I'm doing a little better this morning. i slept through most of the night, i only woke up once. Today im going with the rest of the team today. We are going to an orphanage. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I hope that by tomorrow im 100%.

Derek Schell

This is an exciting day for our team. It is the first day of ministry in our last city. For the first time in the history of OGES/OCA we will be visiting an orphanage. This will happen at 3 p.m. with our children´s team. We are also celebrating the birthdays of Natalia Hart and Josh Patil with a steak and chicken dinner, fireworks, and two huge birthday cakes tonight. Keep praying for the team to stay focused. Although, I think that they are really ready to begin ministry again after the r & r time in Copan and Guatemala City. We will leave for Antigua on Saturday morning, where the students will be able to shop to their heart´s content. Derek Schell was sick yesterday with a fever and throwing up. He is much better today, and very happy to be joining his team again. The kids have rallied around Derek. We laid hands on him and prayed for him as a team, and believe that God is answering our prayers. He has no fever today, and has kept his food down for over 24 hours now. God is good! Thanks for praying, parents. I can´t tell you how cool it has been to receive your encouraging comments on the blog. We copy and paste your comments into a word document, and bring it to the kids at a meal each day. They all ask if their parents left a comment, and get so excited when you do. You parents, brothers, sisters, boyfriends, girlfriends, friends, relatives, etc. have done an incredible job encouraging our team. And, your prayer has made a huge difference more than once on this team. God bless you! We´ll see you Sunday.

Brian Schulenburg

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Katelyn I have been trying to blog you for days, if this one goes through, I just want you to know we love and miss you. Can't wait to see you.

    --Love Mom

     
  • At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Only 3 more days! What amazing things you have accomplished. The pictures are fun to see and helps us back at home understand what you are doing and seeing better.

    Quick update- Charlie has his first tennis match today - good luck, Sammi had her tooth pulled!

    You aren't missing much that is too exciting. We miss you lots! Beans for breakfast? Love ya lots, see you in three! Mom

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hola a RyanK, MattV y otros en el equipe de servicio. What a great picture of you guys in front of la casa that I assume you built from the ground up. You should be extremely proud of what your hearts and hands have accomplished, I know I am. In fact, after about 20 months of "redsox are world champs" as my screen saver at work, it has now been replaced so that I can look at your faces and accomplishment every morning. Muy impresionante...you hombres and senoritas rock!

    DAD

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home