Operation Central America

Come and see what is happening on the Operation Central America missions trip. Also learn about the teams and their prayer requests.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Time To Recharge

The service portion of our 2007 Operation Central America Mission Trip is officially over. This afternoon, after spending some time with some beautiful orphans in Solola, our students traveled to Panajachel for some shopping. Their arms are full of machetes, blankets, t-shirts, purses, paintings, jewelry and more. From there we took a boat across the lake to Santiago, where we are now staying in a beautiful resort. It´s a little bit different than Campur. I love this part of the trip, and it makes me a little bit sad that the trip is ending so soon.

We started our day celebrating Taylor Foster´s birthday with traditional Guatemalan firecrackers and noisemakers.

Here are the entries that our students handwrote yesterday afternoon, on our last day of ministry.

In Him,

Brian Schulenburg

Hi Everyone!

Today is our last day of ministry and I am both relieved and bummed out. So far today we have performed at a school where the afterward the kids asked us for our autographs. It was so cute. After being a part of the mime team for teh past two weeks I have accumulated an amazing tan . . . mime tan . . . on the parts of my face that are not covered in the white paint. It looks ridiculous! I´m really really excited for my seinor pictures when I get back! . . .

Love you,

Christina

>Hi Mim, Dad and friends,

It is Taylor. Today is our last day of service and I am kind of sad. We are supposed to build a stage for the church today and then put in a water filtration system. If we get done with that early we might hang out with the mime or childrens team, that would be fun! I just realized it´s my birthday tomrrow . . . I´m going to be so old. I´m looking forward to the two Red Bulls Sarah bought for me - they are going to be delicious. Hope all is well back home with you guys. I´ll call you tomorrow night so I can talk with you on my birthday.

I love you all!

Love,

Taylor

Hi family,

I want to shower. I miss Tate!!

Cole

Mom,

I love you and I had a fantastic car ride yesterday. I learned how to play a new card game. I suck at it.

Love,

Jeff

p.s. Love you too Kelsey, Tre, Michelle and Dad

8 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    greg
    you missed free coolers from caraboa(however you spell it) they are really good i went with sarah jon andrew sarah and niomi i got a chocolate one when you get back that is where we are going i have a one doolar off coupon

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amanda
    We cant wait to have you home. We have shared you with Guatemala for long enough. We have stocked the fridge with all your favorites. We have blueberries and cream all ready for you. We are so proud of you.

    love ya, Mom (Montouri)

    Hi Amanda-The pool is missing you and so is origional pancake house. (YUMMY!) Miss you. Love ya so much.Stina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI, Taylor,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! For some reason I couldn't access the website until just now. I tried 4-5 times today. So at last I can wish you Happy Birthday. I'm sure you are relieved but pleased of the great job you did that your service work is over. It is such a great accomplishment for all of you. I hope you write about your trip and all the interesting events that happened and send it to me. So you are looking forward to having some Red Bull! It will probably knock you out - you haven't had any for so long. All is well here. I will have Miles over the weekend. He hasn't spent the night for almost 2 months so we will have fun. I just got home from helping with the quints. They are 8 months old and getting so big. They weigh between 15-18 lb. so are heavy to hold for very long. You'll be home soon to see the twins and all your little kiddos at the daycare. Have a fun time the rest of your trip and safe travels home. God Bless. Love, Miss Alice

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Andreya,

    Havent seen you on the blog for awhile. Hope all is well with you and you are feeling well. The pics are great and you all look wonderful. Can't wait to see your smiling face. Tell Taylor Happy Birthday. God bless you, have fun and enjoy your free time.
    Love,
    Mom (Reiter)

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Enjoy your days of relaxation. You all have earned it. Although the loss of the camera and Jen's possessions are disappointing...do not let the negative overshadow all the good you have done in sharing God's love.

    Praying for continued safe travels...looking forward to Sunday!

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Taylor,

    It was wonderful hearing your voice yesterday. I am glad you were able to connect w/ your Mom later...that made her day!

    Enjoy your last few days and we look forward to seeing you Sunday afternoon!

    Love,

    Marty

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Taylor,

    I so loved hearing your voice and am thrilled to hear your time in Guatemala has gone well. I pray it is a time you will never forget.

    Enjoy the rest and relaxation in Lake Atitlan. You all have earned it!

    I love you, tons! Mom

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Christina,

    Miss you already, but glad you are in Guatemala. Work hard - stay safe - God Bless!

    Love you,

    Dad

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home